Thursday, November 22, 2012

Twenty-three days old

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We have so much to be thankful for this year.

Our puppies continue to grow and develop, and they just seem to get cuter each day! After I had weighed them this morning I decided to go back and compare their weights to that of Maddie's last litter. They are just such BIG puppies and I wanted to see how they compared to the previous litter to see if I was just forgetting how big the puppies were at three weeks. However after looking at my notes indeed these puppies are HUGE!

My smallest puppy is about 3 pounds, which is the same size as the smallest puppy in the last litter. There is one puppy who is about four pounds which was the size of the rest of the puppies in Miley and Maurie's litter. Four of the puppies have passed the five pound mark and one of the males has now passed SIX pounds! I am not sure why they are soo much bigger at this point in their development than my last litter but they are healthy and happy!

The puppies are becoming more playful and fun too and are starting to figure out how to escape from their room in the garage and love to explore.

Female - spot on head - 4 lbs 1 1/4 oz
Female - spot on shoulder - 5 lbs 3 3/4 oz
Female - spot on back - 5 lbs 1/4 oz
Female - spot on rump - 5 lbs
Female - spot on tail - 2 lbs 14 oz
The kitchen scale I have been using tops out at about five and a half pounds so the biggest puppy had to be weighed on my meat scale. He wasn't really sure about sitting on a different scale but boy he is cute!
Male - spot on head - 6 lbs
Male - spot on shoulder - 4 lbs 11 3/4 oz
Male - spot on back - 5 lbs 1 1/4 oz



No comments:

Post a Comment