Thursday, November 8, 2012

Nine Days Old

Nap time
The puppies are getting more cuddly. When being held they will quickly nudge themselves up to my neck and often fall asleep there. The puppies continue to get stronger and most are able to lift themselves up on their back legs as they walk, although they are still very shakely and wobbly as they move.
 
For the first time today one of the puppies, found the food in Maddie's dish. He was licking at the milk that I had put on her dry food. I usually wait until the puppies are at least two weeks old and are drinking more milk than their mother can produce before I start giving them milk and puppy food in a dish. The puppies have not even opened their eyes yet and seem to be getting plenty of nutrition from Maddie so I will wait a few more days before I start supplimenting them. Although I guess I can't really keep them out of Maddie's dish if they decide to climb in.
Maddie and son sharing some dinner
 
As the puppies get bigger it is getting harder to find a spot to nurse
They were super noisy tonight as they were eating. I was also entertained to watch them climb over each other and wiggle their little tails as they try to get something to eat.






No comments:

Post a Comment