Sunday, November 10, 2013

Two Days Old

the whole bunch
 We are two days in and the puppies are doing great! They are all eating well, gaining weight and all looking really healthy and strong. They are all doing a good job at pushing themselves around, they can find Maddie when they are hungry or the pile of other puppies when they are ready to sleep.

I also marked all the puppies at birth so I am able to know exactly which puppy is which and am able to monitor their weights and make sure they are all healthy and growing. You might be able to see in the picture that the puppies all have a spot of nail polish on them somewhere, the boys are green and the girls are pink. I should have redone their spots before taking pictures but I think you can still see some of the spots. The polish will gradually wear off and other than an unpleasant odor it has not ill affects on the puppies.

Maddie is also recovering well today. She has enjoyed several walks today and even wanted to play and chase a ball when she was outside with Maurie and Miley. She is a very attentive mom and has been surprisingly friendly (in the past she hasn't wanted visitors this soon) to the few visitors she has yesterday and today.

Maurie & Miley (18 month old full sisters to this litter)
watch the babies from the perch at the garage door.

Below are the first individual pictures of the puppies. Again, we are using the polish spots to identify each puppy. You can also already start to see the beautiful amber color on many of the puppies feet and faces.

Male - spot on the head


Male - spot on the shoulder


Male - spot on the back
Female - spot on the head
Female - spot on the shoulder
Female - spot on the back
Female - spot on the bum
Female - spot on the tail
Female - spot on the ear


Female - no spot

 

 
photo outtake - female, no spot, rolled over several times
while I was trying to take her picture.
I decided to include this photo as it gives a
great view of her tiny little feet and toes!

2 comments:

  1. How much for a male German Shepherd puppy? We want a family dog, I was raised with GS and GS mixed breeds all my life. Never had a chained pet. I was from a family of 7 kids.."Friday" the family dog was the 7th child. Boy did we have fun! And he was very well mannered and protective. There will be only 1 dog to my home because my cat likes dogs..not other cats..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, Thanks for you interests in my puppies. I am sorry but at this point I only have two females from my current litter that are in need of loving homes. If you are interested in a female let me know, however if you would prefer a male I can add you name to our waiting list for the next litter.

    ReplyDelete