Thursday, December 20, 2012

A bitter sweet day

Today is a long awaited day. The day the puppies leave our home to join their new families. When Maddie goes to sleep tonight she will only have two little girls sleeping nearby.



It is sad to see the puppies leave, we have loved them for almost two months. I have spent countless hours caring for the puppies and watching them grow. At this point I know their little personalities and love to play with them and watch them interact with my older dogs. I will miss their fuzzy little faces and the laughter they bring.

However, it will be nice to have not have a houseful of puppies. I will not miss the early mornings and the it will seem so much easier to care for my house-broken dogs. I will not miss the extra holes in my pants and shoes and it is so much easier to walk around when there are not puppies under foot.



It is also easier to watch the puppies leave when I know they are each going to great new homes! Each puppy is joining a family who will be able to provide them with some undivided attention and training that I am unable to give to the entire litter. While they may miss their siblings for a few hours they will quickly bond with their new families, many of the puppies will have endless hours of fun playing children and grandchildren in their new homes. My hope is that they will learn quickly and train with ease so they can become positive and loved members of their new families.

Before the puppies started leaving this morning I gave each one a short bath. They still do not seem to enjoy the warm water in the sink, although most of them stood quick nicely as I washed them with the soap. As I bathed them and while they played in the house this morning I took several videos and some pictures.

I just love their blue eyes

Most of the puppies' ears are starting to get stronger
and have started to stand up a little

 

too tired to play anymore

They love to play in the big girls' rooms
and resting there too!



playing is hard work



It won't be long until her ears stay up like this all the time!

Everyone has a new rope toy

This is what most of my pictures look like,
 just seconds too late for a super cute picture.

The puppy-sized tennis balls were a hit!

One last nap in Miley's room before she leaves

Even with all the toys the shoes are still a favorite!

Maurie and Miley won't mind not having to share
 all their toys after the babies leave. I tried to take a video of
Maurie pulling the little ones along as she tried to get her toy
 back but I wasn't quite fast enough

The puppies loved Miley's KONG


No comments:

Post a Comment